What I'm Doing...
- Finding Security Data-security experts pinpoint steps to block hackers - http://t.co/USteKPwI Omega's Shekar... http://t.co/qARWLPQd 2012-10-09
- Finding Security Data-security experts pinpoint steps to block hackers - http://t.co/USteKPwI .... from the NACS show in Las Vegas. 2012-10-09
- Finding Security Data-security experts pinpoint steps to block hackers - http://t.co/USteKPwI Omega's Shekar Swamy speaks on PCI Stand… 2012-10-09
- More updates...
- A personal invitation from Omega ATC to attend the Phillips 66 convention, May 21-24, 2013
- Malware attacks are becoming more pervasive, sophisticated and dangerous
- Omega ATC at the Tech EVENT 2013. Visit display #231 April 6th-8th.
- Where do employees fall within an organization’s data security strategy?
- Protecting Credit Card Data – Old Laws Matter!
Monthly Archives: March 2012
This is one of the critical areas of 2012. An absolute must in the IT world is to control access privileges to areas of the network that are key to running a business. Such as data, applications, operating systems… Organizations … Continue reading
Cyber thieves are busy staying ahead. Here are a few tricks that will keep them on their toes and you somewhat away from their bullets. Following these guidelines will make you a difficult target to reach. Keep up with updates … Continue reading
H. D. Moore of leading vulnerability scanner company Rapid7 has just determined that as many as 200,000 systems connected to the Internet could be hijacked by hackers exploiting bugs in Symantec’s pcAnywhere. Even worse for those in retail, up to … Continue reading
Many different services and ports are enabled by default when installing a new operating system. Hackers can easily take advantage of these vulnerable ports and services without affecting you as the user. These malicious users can install programs and steal … Continue reading
The PCI-DSS mandates the use of Two-Factor Authentication(2FA) to ensure secure remote access sessions to devices within the CDE. There are several different types of 2FA tokens that have become available but a soft token can significantly increase the convenience … Continue reading
I’d feel a lot better about PCI compliance if I knew it delivered some real benefits to my bottom line. Does it?
Indeed it does. PCI can be viewed as a way to improve operational efficiencies. For instance, by automating the process of applying patches or configuration changes to your store systems, you not only minimize the system downtime but you also … Continue reading