See the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Presentation.
Learn how European regulations could affect United States companies.
In this presentation, we cover several key areas, including enforcement, data subject rights, preparing for GDPR compliance, and the impact of GDPR on companies in the United States.
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be enforced starting on May 25, 2018 and is intended to accomplish several goals such as:
1. Harmonize (standardize) data protection regulations across all European Union (EU) countries.
2. Protect European Union citizens’ personal data and to empower them to control how that data is used.
3. Establish a common set of rules that all companies that control or process European Union citizen’s personal data must adhere to.
GDPR applies to any company that stores, processes, or transmits personal data of European Union citizens, including companies operating outside the EU. The fines for non-compliance can be very steep: up to 4% of global revenue or €20,000,000 Euros (over $24.5 million US dollars as of this writing), whichever is higher. As a result, companies are taking swift action to adhere to GDPR to reduce their risks.
Call 636-557-7777 or email email@example.com for questions.
We hope the presentation will assist you with your GDPR planning efforts.
- Read our latest blog on Patch & Release Part 1 that talks about the confusion of how software vendors develop and release approved patches.
- Check out our blog posts right here.
- Omega is dedicated to producing valuable content related to cyber resilience, security, and compliance. Is there a topic you’d like to learn more about? Tell us in the comment box below!