Cybersecurity: Why larger companies are more successful and better prepared to ward off threats
April 5, 2012
Larger companies consider cyber threat as a serious issue that could hinder their business. They follow and keep up with best practice rules. Smaller companies pay less attention to several important areas, and mid-size ones fall somewhere in between the two. Mid-size companies are inconsistent in following up with certain important aspects of security and fall behind.
Here are a few points that distinguish the larger companies from the rest.
- Larger companies make cyber security a top priority and pay attention to all elements of security.
- They regulary update systems and applications, implement firewalls and also have data encryption, access controls, and use security measures from reputable service providers and vendors.
- They train employees on best practice measures.
- They maintain logs so they are up on who does what around the clock; also do regular monitoring
- They are better prepared to face a breach. An Incidence Response Plan is kept current and tested.
If you need help in any of these areas, Omega ATC offers solutions and services that’ll help your business stay safe and secure. Call us at 636-557-7777 or email email@example.com.