Any retailer who has not gone through a compliance process should reflect on these questions,
- Do you have resources with experience who understand the compliance framework, gap assessment and remediation requirements?
- Can you identify all data repositories and data flows in your IT environment?
- Can you identify the scope of your card data environment (CDE)?
- Do you understand the requirements of PCI DSS 2.0 or 3.0 which are extensive?
- Do you have evidence to support all ‘yes’ answers to the hundreds of requirements in PCI DSS?
If you have doubts about these requirements, you need to seek help. Finding the appropriate Service Provider to give you the proper direction is critical.
Data Security and PCI compliance
Continuous compliance is now a requirement of PCI DSS, and data security requires safeguarding data from hackers all the time, every day of the year. These involve expertise and knowledge of both data security and compliance. Unless a business has a dedicated group in-house, total data security and PCI compliance are difficult to implement, manage and maintain. So, seek an expert MSSP’s help.
Dealing with the dirty dozen — 12 requirements of PCI DSS
Environments vary, so applying another retailer’s formula will not work for everyone. Also, if you have already been through a compliance audit, repeating last year’s responses is not the right approach for achieving this year’s compliance audit. However, it is much easier the second time around. As a Level 1 certified PCI compliant Managed Security Service Provider, Omega ATC can make the process faster and less complicated.
Omega has successfully assisted companies in dealing with every component from systems management to data security to achieving and staying compliant. We have also addressed situations such as breached entities, companies that have received letters from acquiring banks asking for proof of compliance, and companies that just want to proactively deal with the entire process in a logical, step-by-step manner. Every situation is different and we have run the entire gamut.
Why should you work with Omega ATC?
Omega has built credibility through its unmatched knowledge and customer-centric approach. Omega’s staff works in the interest of the customer. We have customers going back to over 22 years.
As an MSSP, here is a short list of some of the things Omega offers. Our hosted solution OmegaSecureTM is,
- Flexible, designed to work with the unique needs of your business, offering compliance with minimal disruption to your operations.
- Supports a variety of POS systems for PCI compliance, including NCR, Radiant, Retalix, Pinnacle, VeriFone, Gilbarco Passport, Micros, and more.
- Works seamlessly with all Internet connectivity, even satellite
- Requires NO firewall or network changes
- Offers dedicated servers in a high availability environment
A customer testimonial:
“My experience with Omega is that they are interested in you getting what you need, not just selling you stuff. They’re a good company to do business with.” – Nathan Tefft, US Coast Guard Exchange System, VA.
Call us to understand what Omega offers. A short 30-minute free assessment call to 636-557-7777 could be a starting point. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Omega delivers proven solutions and works with your staff. Omega will help with the discovery process of your network environment, find the gaps, and implement the solutions to address them all. We will hold your hand every step of the way.