Assigning an administrator to manage network and data security
February 18, 2013
This is an important question to think about before acting. An administrator has extreme privileges and should be a person who’ll take the role seriously. Some things to consider before giving the administrator overpowering control.
- Should this person be the only administrator?
- Can they be trusted?
- Have you conducted background checks either before if they are a new employee or after if they are going to be promoted to that role?
- Have they passed drug tests as they are equally important?
- Have you spoken to their past employers to understand history of their employments, roles & responsibilities?
- Have another back up or secondary adminsitrator possibly from a different group in the IT department.
- Make sure you pick the persons, primary or secondary not because they are popular but because they have the integrity and the knowledge to handle their role.
- Conduct all checks listed above as you would for a primary administrator.
- Make sure the vacation days and days off of the primary and secondary administrator do not conflict. In other words, one of them needs to be accessible at all times.
- Have all their contact information handy just in case of a breach or hacking incident.
Omega can help with your data security issues. Omega brings proven expertise and experience that make them one of the most sought out data security experts for retail security. Call 636-557-7777. Or, contact us here.