Company best practices for bring-your-own-device (BYOD) to work
January 22, 2013
The last blog on this topic focused on threats of BYOD. Here is a look at ways to avoid those threats.
- Shift ownership to employees and allow them to use the device and applications of their choice. Doing so will hold them responsible for the authenticity of the applications and their security
- Put mandates in place – for compliance, management, risks and security
- Make these mandates a formal policy; this way they gain importance and seriousness
- A great recommendation, is setting up a remote wipe method from within the enterprise in case a device is lost and the company risks leaks of classified information to hackers
- Start all of the above with a pilot approach first
BYOD can help organizations save money if the responsibility of purchasing, managing, and paying the monthly fee are given to the employee. However, set policies are never going to be worth the time and effort if they are not followed to the T. And, beyond all that lies the challenge of data security and compliance.
Call us for securing your wireless space. We will help you with the best solution in today’s marketplace. Call us at 636-557-7777.